The International Cartographic Association (ICA) and the Vienna University of Technology are pleased to invite you to contribute to a regional conference on cartography with a focus on Europe. We aim to bring together Cartographers and those working in related disciplines to offer a platform of discussion, exchange and stimulation of research and joined projects.
We want to encourage those working in and with current issues in Cartography to share their developments, research and results.
We invite abstract submissions of research papers in the following areas (but not limited to):
- Atlas Cartography
- Big Geo Data Handling
- Cartographic Art and Design
- Cartography and Education
- Cartography for Disaster Management
- Generalization and Multi-scale Representation
- GeoAI and Machine Learning
- Geospatial Analysis
- Geovisualization and GeoVisual Analytics
- Location Based Services and Ubiquitous Cartography
- Map Use, Usability and Cognition
- Open Source Geospatial Technologies
- Semiotics and Map Design
- Spatial Data Infrastructure
- Thematic Cartography
- VGI, Crowdsourcing and Citizen Science
- Visualization of Statistical Data
- Web Cartography and Map Services
We invite to the following type of contribution:
- Abstracts (up to 800 words, in English) to present ongoing work on contemporary cartographic topics. Submitted abstracts will be reviewed by the scientific committee. If accepted, you will be invited to give an oral or poster presentation at the conference.
The submission is open from 31.12.2021 – 30.4.2022. Please send your abstract to firstname.lastname@example.org .
We are exploring the potential for a special issue of the International Journal of Cartography after the symposium, which will have a separate review process. Authors of selected submissions from the above categories will be invited to submit extended versions of their work to this special issue.