As the only preserved map of the public road system of the late Roman Empire, the Tabula Peutingeriana provides insights into the management and economy of a great ancient empire. In the guided visit, you will have the chance to see the facsimile edition of the Tabula Peutingeriana , presented in the Augustinian Reading Room at the Austrian National Library and be introduced to its history and details on the map. You can also view it online via the digital library of the Austrian National Library.
- Date and time: September 19th and 20th, 16:00 -17:00 CET
- Location: Josefsplatz 1, 1010 Vienna
- Fee: €15.00
- Registration deadline: 11th of September
- Register here (Registrations are mandatory and binding).
- Minimum number of participants for a group: 10
- Maximum number of participants for a group: 25
- For registrations, contact: TBA